Dermaplaning is the removal of the fine vellus hair that is on the face.
It is also a form of manual skin exfoliation.
What does dermaplaning do?
*Removes surface dead/keratinised skin cells
• Removes unwanted facial hair
• Doesn’t cause any inflammation
• Instant results
• Skin has a nice, healthy glow
• Skin feels incredibly soft and smooth
• Non-traumatic method of skin rejuvenation
• Improves skin tone
• Can accentuate facial features and make clients look slimmer
• Can be used in pregnant women who may be contraindicated to other treatments such chemical
• Does not disrupt pH balance of the skin
* Make-up glides on effortlessly for a flawless finish
• Improves superficial pigmentation
• Allows topical treatments to be absorbed more readily
• Improves fine lines and wrinkles
• Can help to diminish scars
• Does not cause the skin to ‘peel’: no downtime
• Exfoliation treatment of choice for extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins
*Stimulates collagen and elastin
• The skin immediately starts producing newer, healthier skin
• Stimulates circulation of blood and lymph flow
• Enhances the natural shedding process of the skin
• Stimulates new cell growth
• Can help to minimise pore size
For excellent continued results dermaplaning is recommended every 4-6 weeks, depending on the individual.
When tackling acne scaring, fine lines, wrinkles and intense skin rejuvenation the treatments can be performed at more regular intervals.
Dermaplaning can also be combined with chemical face peels, this would need to be discussed in depth with your therapist.
NB. According to folklore Elizabeth Taylor, Cleopatra & Marilyn Monroe all undertook regular dermaplaning techniques.
Removal of facial vellus hair and topical epidermal exfoliation
40 mins £45
Removal of facial vellus hair with topical exfoliation.
To stimulate collagen, rejuvenate the face, encourage cellular repair and boost circulation,
50 mins £55
Removal of facial vellus hair with topical exfoliation
Deeply hydrating and moisturising masque leaving a moist film on the skin. Encourages vascular constriction and provides a tightening effect to smooth out stress and age related lines.
60 mins £65